I am so excited to be speaking to a college class this week about how to use Twitter in business. In preparing for my presentation I had to ask myself the central question: “How are businesses using Twitter and how has social media changed business?” It’s funny because I talk to business owners about this [...]
No one cares what you had for breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. This is the mantra we hear from those who are opposed to social networking or those who disagree with using these services for personal reasons. While I agree that using Twitter, Facebook, or blogs strictly to announce what you are eating or where [...]
Many in personal branding (including myself) preach about the positive effects that a professional blog on a subject you care about can have on your personal brand. A blog is a great way to show that you are knowledgeable about a subject area and that you are employable in that field, could serve as a [...]
Here is my walkthrough of using Tweetie for Mac. While I use HootSuite for professional purposes, I open up Tweetie for Mac or Tweetie on my iPhone when I just want to talk with friends and stay in touch. If you are a Mac user and haven’t tried it, I would highly recommend that you [...]
- Improving Your LinkedIn Profile Photo August 10, 2011
- Do You Need Business Cards? June 17, 2010
- Are You a Member of the 500+ Club? August 15, 2011
- Accepting LinkedIn Connection Requests September 21, 2011
- 6 Ways To Include YouTube in Your Branding Strategy July 5, 2011
- Being All Things to All People July 15, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – Facebook January 18, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – LinkedIn January 5, 2012
- Leveraging the SERPs December 15, 2011
- Eying Your LinkedIn Profile December 1, 2011
- Kumar Gauraw: Hi Nick, Good points for every professional in th...
- asdasd: It was easy...
- Nick Gilham: I think that box.net is a great way to add your re...
- pretap: Thanks for posting but you never actually said whe...
- Greg: Hi there. Interesting viewpoint here. I tend to ad...