What is the best way to become an expert on any subject? My answer might surprise you… It isn’t going to school for years or having decades of experience. Spending hours doing research in the library (or on the Internet as the case may be) isn’t even the answer, although it definitely can’t hurt. So [...]
I love finding ways to bring concepts from the business world to personal branding. I believe that the subjects taught in business schools across the country and in business magazines like the Harvard Business Review can be directly applied to branding individuals and businesses of all sizes. At this point, some of you may be [...]
One of the traits that sets top performers apart from everyone else is their ability to assess their own work performance and make the necessary changes to stay on top. They are constantly checking to make sure that they are staying on the right path to achieve their goals. As you are driving down the [...]
Do you occasionally miss a deadline? If your boss asks for a report by 5 PM on Friday, do you think to yourself that it can wait until Monday? Maybe she’ll forget about it. I’ll wait until she asks about it again. If it is really that important, she’ll remind me about it. We’ve all [...]
- Improving Your LinkedIn Profile Photo August 10, 2011
- Do You Need Business Cards? June 17, 2010
- Are You a Member of the 500+ Club? August 15, 2011
- Accepting LinkedIn Connection Requests September 21, 2011
- 6 Ways To Include YouTube in Your Branding Strategy July 5, 2011
- Being All Things to All People July 15, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – Facebook January 18, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – LinkedIn January 5, 2012
- Leveraging the SERPs December 15, 2011
- Eying Your LinkedIn Profile December 1, 2011
- Kumar Gauraw: Hi Nick, Good points for every professional in th...
- asdasd: It was easy...
- Nick Gilham: I think that box.net is a great way to add your re...
- pretap: Thanks for posting but you never actually said whe...
- Greg: Hi there. Interesting viewpoint here. I tend to ad...