Do you try to be all things to all people? This is probably the single biggest problem that my clients seem to have. The conversation usually goes a little something like this… Me: “What type of job would be ideal for you?” Job Seeker: “Well, I’ve doing X for the last five years, but I [...]
About Nick GilhamNick Gilham is the founder of A Branded You, a personal branding and social media consulting firm. He coaches job seekers and small business owners about how to use online marketing techniques to market themselves and their companies.
I recently wrote about how to re-evaluate your LinkedIn profile for the new year. In this second post in the series, I am providing tips for cleaning up your Facebook profile. Reviewing your Facebook profile is especially important because many of us post so much personal information to the site. We are talking online with [...]
What is the best way to become an expert on any subject? My answer might surprise you… It isn’t going to school for years or having decades of experience. Spending hours doing research in the library (or on the Internet as the case may be) isn’t even the answer, although it definitely can’t hurt. So [...]
- Improving Your LinkedIn Profile Photo August 10, 2011
- Do You Need Business Cards? June 17, 2010
- Are You a Member of the 500+ Club? August 15, 2011
- Accepting LinkedIn Connection Requests September 21, 2011
- 6 Ways To Include YouTube in Your Branding Strategy July 5, 2011
- Being All Things to All People July 15, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – Facebook January 18, 2012
- Reviewing Your Social Media Presence – LinkedIn January 5, 2012
- Leveraging the SERPs December 15, 2011
- Eying Your LinkedIn Profile December 1, 2011
- Kumar Gauraw: Hi Nick, Good points for every professional in th...
- asdasd: It was easy...
- Nick Gilham: I think that box.net is a great way to add your re...
- pretap: Thanks for posting but you never actually said whe...
- Greg: Hi there. Interesting viewpoint here. I tend to ad...